Sublime Forum

Bug: Changed files not reloading on double-pane layout

In release version 1.3.

Repro steps:

1. Switch to vertical 2-panel layout
  2. Open up a bunch of tabs in each layout
  3. Have the left layout panel have focus
  4. Change files in another editor/git checkout/etc
  5. Click on right layout panel. Sublime asks you if you want to reload the file in the left layout panel. Hit okay and it does this, left layout panel now has focus.
  6. Click on right layout panel. Sublime asks you if you want to reload the file in the right layout panel. Hit okay and it does nothing! The old file is still in the right layout panel but there’s no indication of this anywhere.

Note that if you click on a tab directly, in either panel as far as I’ve tested, the tab is reloaded successfully. It appears to be only precisely the above case that fails (though it also fails in reverse – if you go from right panel focus to left panel).

0 Likes

Sublime crashes when files change outside of it

Well, something is going on here because I am crashing 20100217 (Win XP) by performing the following steps:

1. Open ST in vertical double pane layout (Alt + 2)
  2. Open a new untitled document in each pane and type some text into each one.
  3. Save both files as txt documents to the desktop.
  4. Open both files up in a different text editor, change and save both.
  5. Refocus ST, which will prompt you to refresh the file in the focused pane. Choose “Yes”.
  6. Click the other pane which will prompt you to refresh the file in that pane. Choose “Yes”.

ST crashes with the message: “Assertion failed in .\text\text_buffer.cpp:750: m_constructionDepth > 0”

0 Likes

Forgot to mention, sometimes I get that assertion error too.

0 Likes