Sublime Forum

BUG: Cannot push to organisation repo

I’ve been trying for ages to push to organisation repos on GitHub with Sublime Merge. I created a couple of test organisations, and I have write permissions to everything related to them, and I am the sole owner. I can push to repos made in these organisations via GitHub Desktop (it works seamlessly, but has a bad workflow) and via the Fork Git Client (when I clone via SSH, it doesn’t work via HTTPS, either).

Submerge can clone from the repo, but cannot push. I’ve tried SSH and HTTPS - both fail with 403 errors and “permission denied to Darthagnon”, even though I own and control the repos.
Submerge does, however, work with my personal GitHub repos, as expected.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a place I can import SSH certs in Submerge so that I can use SSH properly? Why does HTTPS not work?

I love Submerge, and would prefer to use it for my git workflow, but until it actually works with git, I cannot use it, and have to use competitors like Fork, GitHub Desktop and SmartGit

0 Likes

I asked on Reddit about this issue a while back:

0 Likes

I guess SM just use SSH certs under %userprofile%\.ssh under Windows like in other OS (~/.ssh).

0 Likes

Sublime Merge uses Git for Windows. If you can, installing git for windows and then doing a command line push could help diagnose the issue.

It looks like git for windows reads the SSH cert from ~/.ssh/id_rsa and c:\program files\git\.ssh\id_rsa. See https://serverfault.com/questions/194567/how-do-i-tell-git-for-windows-where-to-find-my-private-rsa-key

0 Likes