Sublime Forum

Big ugly distracting yellow icon that replaces folded text

Seriously? Nothing?

So I’m the only one that see this…

Or are these big ugly distracting yellow icons just a figment of my imagination…?

0 Likes

This little thing: imgur.com/rwy3tde ?

0 Likes

Search for “Theme - Default.sublime-package” its a zip package, open the file named “fold.png”, and just edit it.

0 Likes

Thank the Lord…

@nemotrm: Yes that’s the chap. And I object to it being called “little”…

@tito: I could kiss you. Now next question… is there any way I can use a new icon without overwriting the existing one? Either with the same filename but placed in a “special” directory, or a setting where I can point to the new icon I’d like to use? Otherwise as a last resort I will just overwrite the icon after beating it with a sledgehammer. But I’d rather be… you know… elegant about it, if possible…

0 Likes

Yes, just create a folder in called Theme - Default in your Packages folder, and copy your fold.png variant there. It will override the bundled one in Theme - Default.sublime-package. Ideally, in the future, Jon will one day expose this so that other themes can override it more easily.

0 Likes

As a quick fix, I’ve made a less conspicuous fold icon. It is grey and semi-transparent, goes very well with dark Monokai, and probably with some other themes. I post it here for those who don’t have the time or the software to edit the file.

The file needs to be copied to \Packages\Theme - Default.sublime-package. Don’t forget to backup the old yellow fold icon by saving the original fold.png under an alternative name.

Here the updated fold.png: s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi … 9812764057

P.S. The external file sharing service is due to restrictions on attachments here (some sort of quota is in place).

Regards,
Maxim

0 Likes

Here’s another replacement with transparency.
Save this image:

Rename it fold.png, and move it to Packages > Theme - Default.

0 Likes

And here’s an example of how it looks using the Fold Comments plugin for Sublime:

0 Likes

Hi! Could you upload the icon again please?

0 Likes

Build 3127 introduced a new default theme, which included a new fold icon.

In build 3158, we added the ability to change the color of the fold icon via your color scheme. See the docs at http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/color_schemes.html, specifically the fold_marker in Global Settings and the general info about customizing a color scheme.

2 Likes

Can’t do it sublime 3.

0 Likes

I tried this in sublime 3. No success.

0 Likes

Did you try customizing your color scheme as @wbond mentioned above?

0 Likes

I’ll try fold_marker then… but I need an example of use.

0 Likes

If you can pls share how to use fold_marker .

Tried:
in Preferences.sublime-settings:

“fold_marker”: “#111
“fold_marker”: #111
“fold_marker”: “white”

0 Likes

Follow the links I posted. Color schemes are not customized by changing preferences. Here is the link again: https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/color_schemes.html#customization.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks.
I’ll stick with tmTheme (since colorsublime uses it) but thanks.

0 Likes

I’m fairly sure you can change the fold marker in .tmTheme files to. Since tmTheme uses lowerCamelCase, I believe it would be foldMarker.

1 Like

I found you can use 2 files for the same scheme.
scheme.tmTheme
scheme.sublime-color-scheme

In scheme.sublime-color-scheme write:

{
    "globals":
    {
        "fold_marker": "white",
    },

}
1 Like

How funny. My taste is the complete opposite. I recently switched to VSCode. I went through great lengths to modify VSCode’s code folding icon so it uses Sublime text’s classic yellow fold.png icon; as I easily overlook the VSCode’s default monochrome icon in my code.

0 Likes