Sublime Forum

Better code hints!

Heyo!

I love Sublime Text 2 and all its features! There is one flaw that I can see: the code hints! Right now they are just keywords taken from all around the document. Even text in strings are included. When programming in object-oriented languages like Java, I need proper code hints. The code hint should show relevant methods/properties/classes (with typing and parameter info; of course this is dependent on what language). Well you get the idea!

It’s totally possible to implement this in a clean and minimalistic way. A really neat example of how this is done flawlessly is in FlashDevelop (Actionscript 3). Check it out. If there’s a function it tells you what data type the parameters are, and the return value (prntscr.com/w33nn). Of course you need to implement a different code hint script for each language (it’s most important in object-oriented languages though), but hey it’d be awesome and it would (for me) make Sublime Text 2 more perfect!

Please consider this! Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

I agree!

0 Likes

Yes, please. I’d very much like this as well. The code “hints” for e.g. PHP are basically incomplete anyway (optional arguments are missing). And please, add hints for HTML attributes as well (I haven’t had the opportunity to check out ST3 yet, so I don’t know if it’s been added to it already (I did check the changelog as well), but if it hasn’t…)

0 Likes