Sublime Forum

Best plugins for Git and Terminal?

I want to get all my work back in Sublime. I am wondering what are the best Git and Terminal plugins for Sublime to date? I was using VS Code for a bit, and got used to having a terminal and Git built in.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Can we get integrated terminal and a debugger like vscode?

In PackageControl:

• Git
  • GitGutter
  • Terminus
0 Likes

Those look nice. Thanks

0 Likes

Do you use the Stable Build of Dev Build? Just curious what one is best.

0 Likes

Dev is very stable. If you can use it, I would.

0 Likes

GitSavvy is a very good alternative for the quite old Git.

1 Like

Thanks so much. I will try these

0 Likes

I also like TerminalView (https://packagecontrol.io/packages/TerminalView).

0 Likes

there’s also Sublimerge 3, but it’s a paid plugin.

0 Likes

Terminus for which I am the author and GitSavvy for which I am one of the collaborators.

4 Likes

GitSavvy and GitGutter. Perhaps also GitCommitMsg.

Once I’ve took the time to get to know Git Savvy, it’s become my preferred git manager, mostly replacing GitKraken and Sourcetree, even for projects which I clone and need to get an overview of.

GitGutter will put tiny marks in your gutter, with color-codes indicating additions, edits and deletions (usually green, yellow and red). You can hover the marker to see a very local diff, and even roll back the hunk with a click of your mouse.

EDIT: GitCommitMsg will show you git-blane information relating to the line where your cursor is — very useful when gaining insights into a third party or old project of your own. GitGutter will do this for you. Can be turned off with the setting "git_gutter_show_line_annotation": false.

0 Likes