Sublime Forum

Back to ST3?

Is there any tutorial on how to revert this whole upgrade to ST4 on Linux? I just want things to be the same as 3 days ago, ST3, license, fast, with autocomplete, packages working, snippets working, that’s it.

0 Likes

I’m sure someone will put me right as I’m about to “help out” with possibly some bad advice.

Worst case scenario, redownload ST3

Hopefully you’ve kept a copy of your old User folder for ST3 and then you can just paste that over etc etc.

Maybe there’s a better way, I’m a relative noob to all this (and am just starting to get a grip on ST3 after a year or so) so my advice may not be the best…

Lozminda

Ps You might better support if you move your question to Technical Support rather than General Disscussion too. TS seems to be prioritised…

Pps Good luck !

1 Like

Well, thanks to your reply, I’ve just realized that I have a laptop with User folder synced, so if I turn off Wi-Fi and grab a copy w/o syncing, then download ST3 again - that might do it. Thanks a lot, mate!

0 Likes

I’ve still got my ST3 tarball, but I downloaded another copy and then backed both of them up.

I’m a linux user so ran this command

locate sublime > sublimeDependanciesN_OtherStuff.txt

so that I’ve got a list of where evrything is, directory structure all stored in
sublimeDependanciesN_OtherStuff.txt and backed that up too !
If you’re on windows have no idea if there’s a similar command.
The only thing is, install the old ST3, are you then gonna be immeadiately upgraded, I hope not, am waiting on another post… good luck (again)

1 Like