Sublime Forum

AutoFileName plugin works strange into ST4

Hello!
After I updated Sublime Text 3 to Sublime Text 4 (4107), AutoFileName plugin don’t work well.

In Sublime Text 3 it showed me when I typed the path to the image all files and directories where I am currently. But in Sublime Text 4 if I typed the path to the image in “src” or “href” attributes, it showes me nothing useful, but when I try to type the path to the image in any different attribute, it showes me all the images and dirrectories in the current place where I am.

What could be the problem in settings of ST4 or AutoFileName? And how I can fix it?

Thank you for your help

0 Likes

I’ve seen anecdotal reports even before ST4 was released that this package didn’t work entirely as one would expect, though I don’t use it myself.

On the whole packages that work for ST3 should also work for ST4, though in the area of auto completion such as this one is providing, it may be running afoul of how the revamped autocomplete system in ST4 behaves.

I’m not sure offhand if there are any settings that might influence what you’re seeing here, but the first thing I would try would be to start in Safe Mode, install just AutoFileName, and see if it works better that way with pure default settings or not. If it works in that situation, then it will be easier to narrow in on what settings you have that aren’t default (or what other packages you might have enabled that are getting in the way).

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply!
Glad to see you here :slight_smile: I really like your videos about Sublime Text, they are very useful for me.

Unfortunately, I have already tried to download ST4 portable version and install only Package Control and AutoFileName plugin. But its behavior remains exactly as on my updated version. I think it’s all about the built-in autocomplete in ST4. It is a pity that AutoFileName plugin is not built into ST4 as in VS Code.

But I solved the problem by downloading the portable version of ST3 and migrated all my settings from my updated version of ST4. Now I use this portable ST3 and AutoFileName plugin works well there, it shows me only what I need :slight_smile:

You have written that you do not use such a plugin, do you use some alternative or type the path manually?

0 Likes

https://github.com/jfcherng-sublime/ST-AutoFilePath I have my own fork a while ago, but I am too lazy to even write a readme…

Those codes are kind of chaos that I don’t want to maintain.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! It is very interesting.

0 Likes

I just type path segments in normally.

The results you’re seeing look like the plugin that’s injecting the completions isn’t properly telling Sublimt to supress all other completions, but that hasn’t changed between ST3 and ST4, so I would have guessed it would do the same thing previously too.

0 Likes

Perhaps you are right, but I am glad with my Portable ST3 & AutoFileName. It works very well without needless options.

0 Likes