Sublime Forum

Autocompleting in CSS completes the wrong item

Recently (last 4 months or so) when I’m typing in CSS, the autocomplete (eg when I push Tab) completes the wrong thing from what I’m on. For example margin-bottom autocompletes to max-resolution. This is maddening and I have no idea what is causing it (nor what Package is causing it, I can’t right click on the suggestion to even know). Thanks for any tips - here is a video: https://imgur.com/a/Eq5pSxU

0 Likes

Autocomplete fills in incorrect value

That green inline display is caused by the Emmet package. Does the problem go away if you temporarily disable that package?

1 Like

Hi friend OdatNurd is right, and i not goes to contradict an expert in ST.

but if you not want disable complety emmet, you can disable only css in Emmet with this.

Preferences->Package setting->Emmet-> Settings

and you put this in Settings-user:

“auto_mark”: “markup”

Regards.

Jose.

3 Likes

Not sure how to respond to Sublime when it shows me this

Yes! If I disable Emmett, then the issue is done. Thats really strange. I need Emmett though… Why did this start happening I wonder.

0 Likes

Thank you Jose, changing the auto_mark fixed the issue.

I still would like to understand why this started recently… I love Emmett and its strange it would be so buggy!

0 Likes

I don’t use Emmet myself, but I think this particular feature is fairly new-ish, based on a lot of people asking questions about it (specifically, what the green box is for, which is why I recognized it).

If it’s not working correctly it may be helpful to raise an issue with the developer so they can look into it and make the feature better.

0 Likes

Will do that. The green box being key I think is really helpful. Cheers Odat.

0 Likes