Sublime Forum

Autocomplete selecting items not in the hint list

Autocomplete is acting very weird in my .scss files, it is popping up a hint list, the items in the list will usually be correct, but when I select one (TAB) it will pick a completely different selector, one that is not even in the list in fact… and it is consistent:

If I type padding-t, padding-top will appear in the hint list, I hit TAB to insert it, instead it inserts: “page-break-after: top;”

Same if I type background-colo … it will always insert: background-attachment: co;

There are dozens of selectors that do this. … it also gives me a weird error randomly about an “unexpected character --------------------^” but it’s never pointing at anything nor are there any errors.

What is going on here & how do I fix???

0 Likes

Sounds like a keybinding on Tab isn’t checking whether autocomplete is open, and is always taking priority - you may want to turn on command logging to check

1 Like

mmm… ok - I managed to figure out how to enable command logging, whenever the tab inserts the wrong autocomplete item the logs says: emmet_expand_abbreviation {“tab”: true}

No idea what that means.

0 Likes

OK - nevermind, it was the old Emmet plugin causing issues, removed and installed the most recent - seems to be fine now :slight_smile:

thanks

0 Likes