Sublime Forum

Autocomplete options truncated with ellipsis

In the autocomplete list, some options are truncated with an ellipsis after 6 or 7 characters.

For example if I type a “c”, the list may include “contai…” instead of “contains”.

It appears that any token with between 8 and 10 characters will be shown with the last 2 characters replaced with an ellipsis.

I’ve been using sublime for years and this issue only started recently I updated to build 3176. I tried disabling my plugins, including “All Autocomplete” but the problem persists. I’m using sublime on Ubuntu 18.04.

Is there a setting to disable this?

0 Likes

Suggestions are truncated with ellipsis

this is a regression which sublimehq will hopefully fix in the next build, so there is no setting for it
it has also been reported at

0 Likes

I was about to open a new topic, but I found this one.
I hope SublimeHQ will fix this soon, as this is really annoying, and it is not helping at all because variables can’t be recognized…

EDIT: I noticed that removing the option “font_face”: “” from the custom (user) settings solves the problem (?!)

0 Likes

Is there any fix for this yet? It’s very annoying, also, I don’t have “font_face” in my user settings in the first place, so that workaround wouldn’t work for me.

0 Likes

I had this temporarily fixed by setting “dpi_scale :1.0” but now the problem returned even though that setting is still there. Is there any new release for fix for this?

edit: I set “ui_scale” to 1.02, and that seems to work for now
edit: it worked for a day only. it’s back to being broken, very annoying.

0 Likes

New note: the “fix” I found out on my previous message is not working. I noticed it today it is still broken.
Maybe the problem is due to different DPI scaling of my main monitor (100%) and of the laptop monitor (125%), whenever I switch from one to another.

Anyhow: a fix would be very appreciated, as the problem is very annoying, and reducing the usability of Sublime a lot
:frowning:

0 Likes

Yeah, I’ve noticed I have to change the ui_scale to different numbers in that neighborhood every few startups to temporarily fix it. I wish they would fix that issue in the next release.
Edit: I have to change it every time actually.

0 Likes