Sublime Forum

Autocomplete does not work

Hi,

I used to use sublimetext 2, however now I am using sublimetext 3.

When I go to edit a css file, it does not give me options of what to select.
I just tested it in html and php files, and there it works, but it doesn’t work in css.

only if I before typing anything click ctrl + space. But if I started typing something and then click ctrl + space it says “no available completion”

Is there a way to get the auto complete options again, when I just start typing something.

Thank you

I got it to work.
So now it works.

But htx anyway :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

Hi Adam,

I am having the same problem as you, would you mind explaining how you’ve solved it?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Do you have "auto_complete": true, set? It’s the default and auto-completion works fine for me in CSS. Maybe you have a syntax-specific settings file with this value set false? Default auto-completion of ST requires the correct scopes to be available. Do you use a custom CSS syntax file? In this case it may be out of date and not define the scopes required to trigger auto-completion.

0 Likes

Yes that’s set correctly. Nevertheless I did something right today because it started to work just now! I am still not sure what the problem was though.

Thanks for your time and answer!

0 Likes

For what is worth after many years :-):

I had the same issue until I realized that the file type was set to “plain text”. Changing the file type to “html” restored the functionality for me.

0 Likes