Sublime Forum

Autocomplete color, terminal questions

Hello,

Can anyone say if sublime support next few things?

1. Is there a way change autocomplete color? how change theme i’m know but didn’t found way to change autocomplete colors
  2. Is there a way to open file from Linux console in sublime? Just if open like “sublime_text file” it opens new window, but i’m need way opens in current window not make new :smile:

Forgot about #3 before :smile:
3) Code folding (bracket collapse), to make code more compact

Thanks

0 Likes

#1 requires editing the Default.sublime-theme file

In regards to #2, you’ll notice there’s a message printed to the terminal about single instance support disabled because your libgio is too old. This is the reason the file isn’t opening in the current instance.

0 Likes

A big thank for #1 :smile:

For #2, yup i’m seen so it requires libgio, but found under ubuntu only libgio-fam,
if not hard to you and you know, can you say which package need under ubuntu?

Thank you

0 Likes

You’ll already have libgio, as it’s part of GTK, it’s just the version that’s required. I don’t know exactly which version of Ubuntu has the needed version, but my 10.10 installs do, and when 11.04 comes out it certainly will.

I think 10.04, the current LTS, is too old.

0 Likes

Trying updates now on 10.04 if not help than move to 10.10 :smile:
Just it’s better editor for me :smiley: happy so found it :smile:

Also can you say around timeline for 2 things :smile: it just last which i’m miss but it can wait :smile:

1. code folding, as i’m look it under request features
  2. bookmarks, too under request features

Thank you

0 Likes

Bookmarks are already in, take a look at the Selection/Bookmarks menu.

Code folding will not be done before the stable version of 2 is released.

0 Likes

A big thanks again.

Upgrade to 10.10 helps, even if not done.
If it help i’m can say so update 10.04 not helps.
And so libgio is a part of libglib, but i’m not get luck with up update it from repository,
so for me helps only full upgrade to 10.10

Thank you again for your help

0 Likes

Oh :smile: i’m forgot last thing :smile:
Can you kick me to a docs (if exist) where i’m can find all possible keybinds (not only current use but all)
Like i’m now plan make mini map hidable by keybind but not know how called procedure.

Thank you again.

0 Likes

The command to toggle the minimap is “toggle_minimap”. I discovered this by opening the console (ctrl+`), typing “sublime.log_commands(True)”, and then going to View>Hide Minimap and seeing what was displayed.
I think every command is either in the default keybindings file or in the menus, but I’m not 100% certain of that fact.

0 Likes

Thanks for help:)
Going to play with it more :smile:

0 Likes

jps, I’m very interested in being an early adopter for this editor on Linux. However I’m not able to move to 10.10 or 11.04 at this time on my work machine. This libgio version issue is a showstopper for me, and anyone that can’t yet move from the 10.04 long-term-support release. Would it be possible to build a version of Sublime Text 2.0 on 10.04?

I definitely would purchase a license if this were fixed.

–George

0 Likes

In principle, I’d like to rewrite the single instance support to use lower level dbus libraries, rather than the functionality in libgio. I can’t imagine I’ll be able to justify doing this before first stable version though.

0 Likes

Any thinking on when the first stable version will roll out?

0 Likes