Sublime Forum

Auto sort line all properties

Hihi everyone, can this be done by snippet or it need to be achieved by plugin?

In CSS, I’d love all the properties being sorted within the selector. For example:

.element {
   position: absolute;
   display: flex;
}

Now as I adding a new property like top: 0; into the selector .element, then I hit enter ( when the cursor is at the end of the line, before the semicolon ), it will go to the new line by defaut.

The expected result should be:

.element {
   display: flex;
   position: absolute;
   top: 0;

}

Where it auto sorted all the properties within the selector. And if I don’t hit enter, it should also auto sort all the properties within the selector after 3 seconds.

0 Likes

Anything that modifies the content of the file in that manner would require a plugin to determine the extents of the range, pull out the lines, sort them and then put them back in at the appropriate indent.

I’m not sure offhand, but I would suspect that you would also need a plugin to provide a custom key context that can determine if the cursor is at the end of a line within a CSS file inside of a specific selector group as well (that would be an on_query_context event listener).

You would also need something like an on_modified event listener to know when a modification has happened to a file, verify that it’s a CSS file, and then schedule the sort command to run 3 seconds after the last edit (cancelling a previous schedule if more modifications happen).

0 Likes