Sublime Forum

Auto-complete is completing on any key press

Hi,

this is a similar problem to a previous post I made only it seems to be much worse now. Here’s a video of what is happening: screencast.com/t/CMU7UrYmj

What I’m doing:

]Press ‘q’ to reference the variable name./]
]Press ‘.’ and the auto-complete pops up./]
]Press ‘x’ to type the member name, which also selects the member in the popup./]
]Press SPACE to continue typing. A new popup shows with all the members./]
]Press '’ to continue typing the equation, trying to ignore the popup./*]
]Sublime auto-completes with the currently selected member, ‘f’./]
]Backspace to delete what it’s inserted./]
]Repeat ad-nauseam./]

I have only SublimeClang installed with its fast completions disabled. All I want is for Sublime to stop auto-completing when I press any character.

Can anybody help here?

Cheers,

• Don
0 Likes

I’ve noticed this too. I believe it’s a bug with sublimeclang. Typing symbols seems to accept the completion.

0 Likes

I thought that too. However, the author of SublimeClang has stated that all his code does is populate the popup, as opposed to making it auto-complete: github.com/quarnster/SublimeCla … nt-6901998

0 Likes

I’ve made my life infinitely better by removing this from SublimeClang’s keymap:

{
    "command": "clang_complete",
    "args": {"characters": " "},
    "keys": " "],
    "context":  {"key": "clang_supported_language"}, {"key": "clang_is_code"}, {"key": "clang_complete_enabled"}, {"key": "clang_automatic_completion_popup"}]
  },

However, auto-complete still occurs when I press any key. For added context, the struct is:

struct quat
	{
		union
		{
			struct { float x, y, z, w; };
			float f[4];
		};
	};
0 Likes

Just to comment on this, while SublimeClang was responsible for inappropriately showing the autocompletion overlay (something that’s now been fixed), it does not commit anything to the buffer. That behavior is built into Sublime Text 2 and is visible even in plain text files after reverting to a freshly installed state:

1. Open up a new buffer, with the plain text syntax definition.
  2. Type the following:return redrum
  3. On the third line type “re”
  4. Select the menu item “Edit”->“Show Completions”. It should show a list with “return” and “redrum” showing.
  5. Type “t” so that the third line reads “ret”. Only “return” should be showing in the completions list now.
  6. Type “". It’s completed to "return”.
0 Likes