Sublime Forum

Auto-complete causing a "plugin_host.exe - No Disk" message

Hello,

I’ve been having an mildly irritating issue with Sublime 3 of which occurs on both my home and office computers.

It seems whenever I type a string beginning with a backslash or forwardslash the auto-complete wants to spring up suggesting file names, but encounters an issue. “plugin_host.exe” tries to access a device without a disk present. It only twigged today that it pops up once for each removable disk drive (card reader) I have on the computer, as it happens twice on my home computer but only once on my office computer.

It looks like the auto-complete is trying to get a list of drive letters for its suggestions, but fails to read some of the drives as there isn’t any medium present even though the device is mounted. If I click Continue twice I get a list of drive letters in the auto-complete menu with the exception of removable media devices without any medium present.

I guess this is really a bug as the application isn’t meant to try and forcibly read a removable media device with no medium present, the host OS is meant to be queried first for accessible medium before trying to read it. This issue only happens for removable hard disk type devices, it doesn’t appear to cause a message for optical disc type devices without a medium present.

Screen shot

0 Likes

I think this might be caused by one of your plugin (FuzzyFilePath or File System Autocompletion ?). try to disable them to identify which one is causing the issue and contact the plugin creator.

1 Like

I’m not using either of those plug-ins. I did look at my list of plug-ins initially as my first thoughts was it would be one of them… Not sure how I missed AutoFileName…! Switching this off resolved the issue, so I’ll take this up with the plug-in author.

Sorry to trouble you here my good sirs.

0 Likes

Thank you for posting this. I was completely baffled / pissed at what all of a sudden started happening… the same message kept popping up when it never had before. Frustrating. Sure as hell, I unplug the usb to my card reader and no more annoying message. Thanks again for posting and saving my sanity. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like