Sublime Forum

ARM build?

+1 for ARM for Raspberry.

0 Likes

+1 for ARM for my chromebook medion s2015… with chrouton (chroot debian jessie), xfce and soon google play store it is the perfect portable machine for some development and scripting… would love to use sublime instead of pluma :slight_smile:

0 Likes

+1 for ARM

Im a crossplatform developer, so use sublime on macOS/Windows and Linux, and love it…
I really miss it when I jump over to PI and other SOC platforms to do some dev.

Id be willing to pay extra for it, or back a kickstarter project.

0 Likes

+1 for ARM for Raspberry

0 Likes

+1 for ARM build

I have to develop software for Raspberry Pi and I miss my favorite editor.

0 Likes

what we need is to clone 2 or 3 of you first :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Sublime for Raspberry Pi would be very cool, but honestly I don’t get where’s the problem. I’m using Sublime right now to write code on my RPi: Sublime runs on my laptop, and it saves the source files on the RPi through the SFTP plugin. I could also use sshfs, NFS or even samba. To run the compiler I can set the project to execute it using ssh, or I can run it on the RPi using a simple terminal.

Just my 2c.

1 Like

One can also use a cross-compiler to compile on the host X86 machine to an ARM architecture. This is the sane choice when you don’t want your builds to take hours. There are various docker images available to make this process easier.

0 Likes

Adding my support for an ARM build. I’ve been looking at the new Pinebook, but due to its architecture, it wouldn’t be able to run Sublime. I’m really hoping news on this changes before they get more Pinebook Pros in stock.

0 Likes