Sublime Forum

Any way to "Select all" files

Very often I have dozen of files to stage (eg new project, modification on multiple files) and I can’t select all in a simple manner so I open the console and do git add ..

Does exist some way to select all files in SM instead of clicking the stage button for any single file?

0 Likes

It is available in latest dev release (v1063)

1 Like

0 Likes

Hey! I’we downloaded the latest Sublime Merge on Mac Big Sur and selecting multiple files in Files tab isn’t working. Tried with command+click, shift+click, shift+arrow keys, non of the keys are doing anything, only single file is selected.

1 Like

Hi @ako,

We currently don’t support selecting multiple files in the files tab.
That being said, we do support staging all files in a particular section (right click the section in the files tab).

Kind regards,
- Dylan

0 Likes

Hey!
Is it plannet to be implemented? I’m currently using SourceTree and it’s really slow handling large projects.
Particularly I need occasionally to Select All the staged files and copy paths to clipboard so I can transform with regex in Sublime Text. Also I didn’t find a way to seach keywords in committed file changes which SourceTree supports and is vital feature for large projects. If these two features would be present atm I would buy the software, but currently I have to switch between 3 git (Sublime Merge, SourceTree, PhoStorm) programs to get the features I need.
Best regards,
Ako

0 Likes

Also I didn’t find a way to seach keywords in committed file changes which SourceTree supports and is vital feature for large projects.

You can search through changes using contents:

Particularly I need occasionally to Select All the staged files and copy paths to clipboard so I can transform with regex in Sublime Text.

An easier solution might be to use git status from the command line or terminus in Sublime Text.

0 Likes

A workaround here is to add a command (or menu item) to Sublime Merge to get command output for copy+paste:

Add this command to Default.sublime-commands:

[
	{
		"caption": "List staged files",
		"command": "git",
		"args": { "argv": ["status"] }
		// alternative approach to get just staged files:
		// "args": { "argv": ["diff", "--stat=2000", "--staged"] }
	},
]

Once run, click the [>✓] icon where the branch name is at the top center if Sublime Merge & you’ll see the output of the command that is copyable into Sublime Text.

0 Likes