Sublime Forum

Always_prompt_for_file_reload

Dear All,

In my settings, I have the following value:

always_prompt_for_file_reload

set to false. I understand this settings such that I should not ever get the prompt window asking me about reloading the file. However, I am still getting the prompt window. For example, when I open the Setting window, then close the Setting window, then I get the prompt.

Is there any solution to this behavior?

Thank you in advance,
Vit

0 Likes

The "always_prompt_for_file_reload" setting - which is false by default - lets you make Sublime Text prompt every time the file changes, it does not let you disable the prompt.

If you have a file that you want to disable the prompt for you can select the “Ignore All” in the popup, it will then no longer prompt for that file.

For example, when I open the Setting window, then close the Setting window, then I get the prompt.

That doesn’t make sense to me, unless you already have the settings open in another window and that other window is prompting for a reload.

0 Likes

I see. Basically, I want to achieve a situation in which I am generating a log file on-the-fly. I want to see again on-the-fly how this file is being updated. The issue is that it seems that Sublime Text is not doing so.

Thus, I assume that I want to solve this issue.

0 Likes

In that case you’ll want to keep "always_prompt_for_file_reload" disabled. As long as you do not modify the log file in Sublime Text without saving it will automatically reload it without prompting.

0 Likes

I see. Thank you.

0 Likes