Sublime Forum

All files when opened are empty

Hi.

I was editing a large file structure for my job and I decided to install some more packages. I downloaded C++ Starter Kit, Oasis, and Soda theme. A little bit later, I clicked to open another file in the project and a tab with the file name opened, but it was blank. I thought this was a simple error and I closed sublime and relaunched it. Now, there was only the top folder in the project structure and when I clicked expand, it was empty. I’ve uninstalled several times and still have the same errors where if I relaunch it, it has only the one empty folder, and if I then reconnect to the project directory, all of the files when opened are blank. The files themselves are not empty in Notepad.

0 Likes

You do need to reinstall Sublime Text to restore the default settings. You just need to follow this:
https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html

0 Likes

I’ve done that twice now, deleting all of the Sublime folder from Appdata, I’ll try it again

0 Likes

Seems to have been a folder structure issue, a second folder with the same name got created at some point and sublime/Windows couldn’t differentiate between them

0 Likes