Sublime Forum

Ahead / Behind commit counters: where can I find them?

Hey
First of all, thank you for this awesome tool. I am used to SourceTree tool GUI and it has a very simple feature that I could not find in SublimeMerge: the ahead/behind counter.

Is there any place where I can find this info? Attached you can find a print-screen that shows what I am trying to say. If SublimeMerge doesn’t have it, where should I fill a feature request?

Thanks again.

0 Likes

This is shown in the infobox on the toolbar, in this case it should be showing something like “master (2 ahead)”

0 Likes

Hey, jps.
Thank you for your reply.

Would you mind post a print-screen? I’ve looked around and I can’t find it anywhere.

Thank you, again

0 Likes

Here you go:

1 Like

I should note, we only display if you are behind, not ahead.

1 Like

I dont understand how sublime updates this status? Are there settings for it? I mean, when i just open sublime i want to see status of my local repo. Only after making git pull for one of local branches this status appears for other branches.

0 Likes

Sublime Merge doesn’t know any more than your local repo knows. You must update your local repo to know this information, a fetch or a pull will update and cause the ahead & behind counters to refresh.

Note: Sublime does not currently auto-update your local repos (see also request #25).

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

0 Likes