Sublime Forum

After upgrading to macOs15, sublime text has performance problems

MacOS 15.0.1(16-inch,2019, intel core i7), when I drag the window, I feel a bit stuck, observe the activity monitor, when I drag, cpu can be increased to more than 60%, stop dragging, cpu returns to normal

sublime version: build 4180 (build 4177 same issue)

0 Likes

I can’t reproduce this on macOS 12.7 with a 2015 macbook air; cpu usage goes to around 5% regardless of what app I’m dragging. Does it happen for other applications or just ST? Does it happen in safe mode?

0 Likes

Before I upgraded MacOs to 15.0, my sublimetext had no problems, no matter the CPU or memory usage. It was only after upgrading to macos 15 that the CPU usage became high. I have tested other software and there is no such problem.
So I think this is a problem between sublime text and mac os 15

0 Likes

Sequoia has some other bad bugs like Sublime text started adding a ".s" to new files. Very annoying, so certainly possible this is another new bug from Apple.

0 Likes

Report for Sublime Text 4 (4183) on macOS Sequoia 15.0.1 with Macbook Pro 2019 16-inch Intel-i9 -

1. Saw an increase of CPU usage up to 40% when continuously dragging a Sublime Text window for resizing.
  2. Saw an increase of CPU usage up to 76% when continuously dragging a Safari window for resizing.
  3. Saw an increase of CPU usage up to 30% when continuously dragging a Poe window for resizing. (Poe is the desktop application for poe.com)
  • Dragging the windows for moving does not increase CPU usage significantly; only dragging the windows’ corners for resizing will do.
  • All the applications have a lot of text inside the windows. So maybe reflowing text and redrawing the elements will take up some CPU resource?
  • Despite the CPU increase, no evident observation of “getting stuck” to my eyes.
0 Likes