Sublime Forum

Advanced: other color or hide html %20 in ST user interface

Read. Stop trolling.

0 Likes

jwortmann This is my complete seth.tmTheme customization. This forum’s line returns do a hatchet job on it, but copy into a new ST document. The tmTheme file key-string arguments easily conflict: that’s a caution. Your suggestion resulting a more stand-out white %20 string, may relate in a way that you can understand, to this %20 string’s display behavior. Here we go, seth.tmTheme original replaced and custom. Also, ruliing out dependencies, my ST settings preferences.
So, theme original, theme custom and preferences.

seth.tmTheme original (replaced) 2020-05-31T07:00:00Z
<plist version=“1.0”>
<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>Seth</string>
<key>settings</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>settings</key>
<dict>
<key>background</key>
<string>#1A1A1A</string>
<key>caret</key>
<string>#4fb4d8</string>
<key>foreground</key>
<string>#cbcdd2</string>
<key>invisibles</key>
<string>#3B3A32</string>
<key>lineHighlight</key>
<string>#383838</string>
<key>selection</key>
<string>#383838</string>
</dict>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>Comment</string>
<key>scope</key>
<string>comment</string>
<key>settings</key>
<dict>
<key>foreground</key>
<string>#444444</string>
<key>background</key>
<string>#000000</string>
</dict>
</dict>

seth.tmTheme custom 2020-05-31T07:00:00Z
<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>Seth</string>
<key>settings</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>settings</key>
<dict>
<key>background</key> <!-- Default background color of the entire view (including gutter and minimap ) -->
<string>#161618</string>
<key>foreground</key> <!-- Default foreground color for view - affects file contents, gutter, rulers and guides -->
<string>powderblue</string> <!-- While editing this string, caret may !! disappear -->
<key>invisibles</key> <!-- White space characters, ignored unless selected, e.g., empty_space_character “·” -->
<string>steelblue</string> <!-- preference: “draw_white_space” = “selection” | sets Ruler color -->
<key>caret</key> <!-- Color of the caret -->
<string>rosybrown</string>
<key>lineHighlight</key> <!-- Color of the line the caret is in -->
<string>#151618</string> <!-- preference: “highlight_line” = “true” -->
<key>bracketsForeground</key> <!-- * Color of the highlighting(s) selected by bracketOptions -->
<string>darkgreen</string> <!-- preference: “match_brackets” = “true” -->
<key>bracketContentsForeground</key> <!-- Color of the highlighting(s) selected by bracketContentsOptions -->
<string>deepskyblue</string> <!-- preference: “match_brackets” = “true” -->
<key>tagsForeground</key> <!-- * Color of the highlighting(s) selected by tagsOptions -->
<string>deepskyblue</string> <!-- preference: “match_brackets” = “true” -->
<key>findHighlight</key> <!-- Background color of ACTIVE region matching the current search -->
<string>#00AA00</string>
<key>findHighlightForeground</key> <!-- Foreground color of regions matching the current search -->
<string>003366</string>
<key>gutter</key> <!-- Background color of the gutter -->
<string>#1C1C1F</string>
<key>gutterForeground</key> <!-- Foreground color of the gutter, all gutter numbers -->
<string>darkolivegreen</string>
<key>selection</key> <!-- Color of the selection regions #003434 008080 is Teal -->
<string>#003434</string>
<key>selectionBorder</key> <!-- Color of active selection regions’ border -->
<string>darkolivegreen</string>
<key>inactiveSelection</key> <!-- Color of inactive selections background (inactive view) #003417 006400 is DarkGreen -->
<string>#003417</string>
<key>guide</key> <!-- Color of the guides displayed to indicate active nesting’s levels -->
<string>deepskyblue</string> <!-- preference: “indent_guide_options” = “draw_normal” -->
<key>activeGuide</key> <!-- Color of the guide lined up with the caret -->
<string>khaki</string> <!-- preference: “indent_guide_options” = “draw_active” -->
<key>stackGuide</key> <!-- Color of the current guide’s parent guide levels -->
<string>sienna</string> <!-- preference: “indent_guide_options” = “draw_active” -->
</dict>
</dict>
<dict><!-- this dict › delete original, place first after settings dict -->
<key>name</key>
<string>Comment</string>
<key>scope</key>
<string>comment</string>
<key>settings</key>
<dict>
<key>foreground</key>
<string>seagreen</string>
<key>background</key><!-- 000000 original too harsh -->
<string>#161618</string>
</dict>
</dict>
<dict><!-- this dict › not found in Seth original, add to Seth.tmTheme document -->
<key>name</key>
<string>Tag</string>
<key>scope</key>
<string>brackethighlighter.default</string>
<key>settings</key>
<dict>
<key>foreground</key>
<string>deepskyblue</string>
</dict>
</dict>
<dict><!-- this dict › not found in Seth original, add to Seth.tmTheme document -->
<key>name</key>
<string>Tag</string>
<key>scope</key>
<string>meta.tag, declaration.tag</string>
<key>settings</key>
<dict>
<key>foreground</key>
<string>dodgerblue</string>
</dict>
</dict>

ST settings preferences 2020-05-31T07:00:00Z
{
“adaptive_dividers”: true,
“always_show_minimap_viewport”: false,
“animation_enabled”: true,
“auto_comlpete”: true,
“auto_find_in_selection”: true,
“auto_match_enabled”: true,
“binary_file_patterns”:
[
.dds",
"
.eot”,
.gif",
"
.ico”,
.jar",
"
.jpeg”,
.jpg",
"
.pdf”,
.png",
"
.pnga”,
.swf",
"
.tga”,
.ttf",
"
.zip”
],
“bold_folder_labels”: true,
“caret_extra_bottom”: 0,
“caret_extra_top”: 0,
“caret_extra_width”: 0,
“caret_style”: “phase”,
“close_windows_when_empty”: false,
“color_scheme”: “Packages/Seth Color Scheme/seth.tmTheme”,
“default_encoding”: “UTF-8”,
“draw_indent_guides”: true,
“fade_fold_buttons”: false,
“font_face”: “SanfranciscoMono-300”,
“font_options”:
[
“no_calt”,
“no_clig”,
“no_liga”,
“subpixel_antialias”
],
“font_size”: 16,
“gpu_window_buffer”: true,
“highlight_line”: true,
“highlight_modified_tabs”: true,
“hot_exit”: true,
“ignored_packages”:
[
“0_package_control_loader”,
“Vintage”
],
“indent_guide_options”:
[
“draw_active”
],
“indent_subsequent_lines”: true,
“index_files”: true,
“line_numbers”: true,
“line_padding_bottom”: 3,
“line_padding_top”: 3,
“margin”: 4,
“open_files_in_new_window”: false,
“save_on_focus_lost”: false,
“show_definitions”: false,
“tab_size”: 4,
“theme”: “Adaptive.sublime-theme”,
“theme_font_options”:
[
“no_calt”,
“no_clig”,
“no_liga”,
“subpixel_antialias”
],
“translate_spaces_to_tabs”: true,
“translate_tabs_to_spaces”: false,
“trim_trailing_white_space_on_save”: true,
“ui_scale”: 1.0,
“update_check”: false,
“word_wrap”: “auto”
}

0 Likes

If you want to include pre-formatted text in your post, select it and press the </> button at the top of the editor to mark it as such.

0 Likes

((blush))
Preformatted text FIX WHAT’S BROKE Preformatted text

0 Likes

You can use Markdown for this forum to keep the code formatting. For example use ``` at the beginning and end of a code block.

I just installed that Seth color scheme from package control and all I can say is that it works fine for me with the way I have described above.

The only thing I saw, is that the color scheme uses a special color for string.quoted.double.html, so you should use that one instead of the color for general strings:

{
    "rules": [
        {
            "scope": "meta.attribute-with-value string constant.character.entity.encoded",
            "foreground": "color(#FFC107 alpha(0.25))"
        }
    ]
}

That must be saved as seth.sublime-color-scheme and put into your User folder. It should work even with your customization. If it still does not work, you need to describe a step by step way how to reproduce the issue or show your exact file for this overwrite.

Therefore, the lesser gods who created Sublime Text should consider a default adjustment of HTML code appearance, to suitably distinguish and hopefully quiet-down %20 strings in HTML code on all devices.

All the built-in syntaxes are actually on GitHub at https://github.com/sublimehq/Packages and most fixes or changes are developed by the community. So if you think that it is essiential to have special highlighting for %20 in HTML, you could create an issue there or even a pull request with your desired changes. However, there might be a majority of users who don’t want to have those highlighted differently in strings. The syntax engine works with Regular Expressions (Regex), which you would have to use if you want a general rule for all %-encoded characters in HTML-URLs. If you want to learn Regular Expressions and become an expert, I could recommend this book for you:

1 Like

I am not technically proficient. I can follow instructions blindly (see above) but without a clue. All I can see, is what an idiot can see, the HTML %20 string looks dumb and should be the same color as all the other HTML code.

Not being a developer, as you obviously are, I have absolutely no idea what you speak of. And am totally unprepared and unwilling to approach GIThub where I have been banned for technically inappropriate material (lots of it, see above).

As developer, you jwortmann should broach the %20 topic, at GIThub.
Big thank you from 8 billion users, covidality aside (WHO is concerned that number may be reduced by up to 2 billion, so stay safe and stay well - I am a University Hospital nurse, btw). GOOD LUCK!

0 Likes

Thanks all for so many helpful replies that together describe an adaptable environment. I have extracted what seems most focused and moved same to an uncluttered new thread with hopefully improving focus. Thanks again.

1 Like