Sublime Forum

Add Version Number to Registry / Add Remove Programs

Hi,
The latest installer for Sublime Text does not write the version number in the registry / add/remove programs. It is good practice to have that information written down. Can you please add it? Thanks!

0 Likes

When you say version number, do you mean like Sublime Text 4 versus Sublime Text, or something like the build number (4106 or 4107, currently).

If it’s the former, that’s on purpose; Sublime Text has no version number anymore and is just named Sublime Text to coincide with Sublime Merge and how both now use a license which allows for updates over a span of time instead of for a particular version.

1 Like

Unrelated, but when are you going to start a video series about Sublime Merge?

0 Likes

I’m currently working on that but the date got pushed back a little bit by the ST4 public release, since I wanted to get more focused videos about the update and the common questions that come with that. Soon though!

2 Likes

The name of the product can stay as “Sublime Text” that’s fine and I agree with you. However, there is also a version number field to be filled and it is currently empty. Up to you if you want to write the build number but usually it goes like this: major.minor[.build[.revision]] (example: 1.2.12.102 )

Please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning

If I can suggest a version number for build 4107: 4.1.07
And have that value written in the registry at install

0 Likes