Sublime Forum

Adaptive theme not following linux system mode

I have setup adaptive theme, selecting theme for dark and light mode but It is not following my system settings at all. It just stays on light mode, no matter the system setting.

Other apps do follow without issues. Am I missing anything ?

{
	"color_scheme": "auto",
	"theme": "Adaptive.sublime-theme",
	"dark_color_scheme": "Packages/Dayle Rees Color Schemes/legacy/Contrast/TronLegacy.tmTheme",
	"light_color_scheme": "Celeste.sublime-color-scheme",
}

Tested on Fedora 40, Gnome 46 Wayland

0 Likes

Just to double check, do you have color_scheme set to "auto"?

0 Likes

Hey, @OdatNurd,
Thanks for your reply! Yes, looks like i have it set to auto,
Sorry, looks like i removed that line from my initial post by accident. Just re-edited my initial post to include that option.

1 Like

Maybe related with https://github.com/sublimehq/sublime_text/issues/5350

0 Likes

hmm, could be! Not sure how can I test it.
I’m on Fedora 40, so its quite possible they have also ditched some “old” ways of switching themes if that’s the case :slight_smile:

Is there any work -around in this case?

0 Likes

Hi, just wanted to follow up on this. Any way of fixing this issue? thanks!

0 Likes

I think there used to be a package that could do this before the functionality was built in, which may or may not work for Linux.

Apart from that, I don’t think there’s an easy fix, no. I think the underlying problem is that the current detection depends on the gtk color scheme that’s in use; in particular trying to detect the apparent lightness of the color used. My memory is hazy, but something along the lines of the color scheme using the wrong color for the element that Sublime uses to detect it, or jut appearing to be darker than it should or such.

0 Likes