Sublime Forum

About Sublime Merge in Sublime Text

Hello,

I’m a registered user of Sublime Text and I’m using the dev channel of it.

I’d like to make some feedbacks about the integration in Sublime Merge.

First of all, thank you to give the opportunity to integrate Sublime Merge into Sublime Text but I see some improvements:

• It could be great if sublime_merge_path isn’t defined, that AAAAAALL the features about sublime merge aren’t shown.
  • It could be great to have the possibility to define another client like Git Kraken. I defined the bin of Kraken intot sublime_merge_path, it opens the app but doesn’t do anything more (as I don’t know what arguments you give)

I totally understand that you want to push your excellent product which is sublime merge, but as registered sublime text user, I don’t want to be “polluted” (sorry for the word) by sublime merge features, or at least being able to define another client.

Thank you for your comprehension, and once again, good job for sublime text and sublime merge.

1 Like

If you want to use another client, Sublime can’t know how to call it, or what features it has. There are packages to add the integration with other clients though, like GitUp.

If you want to disable the default context menu entries, you can customize the config files for them (e.g. via PackageResourceViewer) and remove the entries for Merge.

I would like to see a setting or something to make it easier to remove those entries. It’s ok to show them once and advertise Merge that way, you need to surface the functionality in some way. But if someone decides not to use Merge, it’d be nice to get rid of the clutter more easily than overriding the menu files.

1 Like

Disable SublimeMerge integration

Hey @braver, thank you for your fast answer.

To be frank, I don’t need a git client into sublime text. I love sublime text because it’s an editor, not an IDE.

And what you suggest is to use a plugin to remove native features that I don’t want, so it sounds not to be a solution for me.

I’d like to have my editor clean natively. I paid for that. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Well that’s not what they’re building, and certainly it can be handy to jump into an external client easily.

Luckily Sublime isn’t only lean, it’s also super customizable. You don’t need a plugin to tweak the menus either (that wasn’t my suggestion).

1 Like