Sublime Forum

About ST windows on a Mac

If I close sublime with cmd+Q, then the window will be recovered when sublime is started. However if I click X mistakenly, nothing will be recovered. one can recover the window, via selecting “open recent”, but it seams a little troublesome. Moreover if I try to open tow folders, there will appear tow windows, I only need one. How do you integrate tow windows together? Or how do you open tow folders in one windows? I ever did it, but I forget how to do it now.

Now I recall the way to do it, just drag the folder to sublime. Is there a method to recover the window more conveniently.:grin:

0 Likes

I’m not sure I understood you right, but you might want to have a look at the projects

0 Likes

I use sublime in mac. If I click X (top left) to close sublime instead of press cmd +Q, then next time I start the sublime, nothing left in the window of sublime. I have to drag the folders into sublime.

Thank you it is not a serious issue

0 Likes

Under WIndows/Linux, when you close the last window the application terminates, but that doesn’t happen under OSX where it’s normal for an application to be running without having any windows present.

So if you close the window and then quite Sublime, the state that it’s restoring back to is the one it was in when you quit (i.e. with no windows open).

This is functionally equivalent to having two open windows under Win/Linux and closing both of them; when you close the second one the application quits, so when you restart only that last window is restored.

The only real solution to this is to quit when you mean to quit and close windows only when you no longer need them.

That said, if you;re doing something with folders that you are accessing often, then as @math2001 said using a project is a good idea; you can use the quick project swap tool to get back to a project, and sublime saves the state of the project the same as it does a window when you quit (unsaved changes are persisted, etc).

For opening two folders in the same window I think your only options are to either open the first folder and then drag the second folder into the same window or use the terminal to do it; in that case you can use the -a parameter to add a folder to an existing window.

4 Likes