Sublime Forum

A question about keyboard layout switching (Sublime text 3 Linux)

Hello!
Thank you very much for a such good code editing program. But I’ve recently encountered one problem. I can’t switch beween keyboard layouts/input methods in Sublime text 3 (build 3103). This doesn’t happen for other programs.
My operational system is Linux Mint (Xfce). I use three keyboard layouts: English (USA), Chinese (Sogou Pinyin) and Russian.

Thank you!

0 Likes

This is a commonly asked question for ST users under linux.

Since you install Sogou Pinyin, I assume that you are a Chinese.
http://blog.csdn.net/tao_627/article/details/45126047 or
Dev Build 3102

Those solutions are for Ubuntu but I guess it works for Mint as well.

0 Likes

Thank you very much for your reply! To tell the truth, I’m not a Chinese, but I live and work China. Once again, thank you for your reply, I’ll take a look.

0 Likes

I’ve just tried the first fix. Seems not to be working in my case. When I try to switch a keyboard layout in Sublime text, it’s just disabled, the keyboard layout icon in a tray panel isn’t changed, and when I try to switch to sogou, it doesn’t appear at all.

As for the second one, the plugin IMESupport is only for Windows, not sure how to install it under Linux.

Is it possible that the reason of this problem is that I use the right Alt+Shift combination to switch key layouts, and the left Ctrl+Backspace to switch input methods? But it seems there aren’t default actions set for these key combinations.

0 Likes

Thank you very much for your reply! To tell the truth, I’m not a Chinese, but I live and work China. Once again, thank you for your reply, I’ll take a look.

0 Likes

Did you get the compiled libsublime-imfix.so?

If yes, after

sudo cp libsublime-imfix.so /opt/sublime_text/

, execute

LD_PRELOAD=/opt/sublime_text/libsublime-imfix.so subl

Could you use mouse click to change input method?

0 Likes

Yes, I did all described in that instruction. I’ve just tried to use the mouse to change input method, it doesn’t work too.

0 Likes

Any error while executing LD_PRELOAD=/opt/sublime_text/libsublime-imfix.so subl?
I just try it on my Lubuntu 15.10 x64 and Sogou Pinyin works.

0 Likes

I’ve tried it now. Now it works. The only small thing is that letters and characters less clearly displayed. But at least ,it wroks. Thank you very much

0 Likes