Sublime Forum

Package Control 3.0 Issues

Hello, I am using Sublime Text 3 and Package Control updated to its latest version effectively breaking all my packages.
I got a dependency error for every single one of them prompting me to reinstall the package. The problem is that the menu bar of sublime had disappeared and I could not uninstall using Package Control.
To deal with this I removed folders Installed Packages and Packages and started installing everything from the beginning. However, every time I install a new package using Package Control the menu bar disappears.
This is annoying as I have to restart every time I install something. Anyone else having the same issue?
I am using Ubuntu 14.04.
Cheers!

0 Likes

Also experiencing a similar issue. I opened sublime recently, had a page pop up telling me to run a script in the console, I did so, it didn’t work then I realised that I can’t select package control from the menu at the top and I also can’t select it from control palette ctrl + shift + p. I’ve tried re-installing the package manager and it doesn’t seem to work. Very confused right now and hope someone can help!

Using windows 7 Professional.

0 Likes

Having a similar issue here with ST3 on Kubuntu 14.04. Tried to install package via ctrl-shift-p and the Package Control items are not showing up at all. Initially I noted some python errors in the console when I did the ctrl-shift-p - these were in the PHPUnit package I had installed. So I removed that package, now see no errors, but don’t see Package Control either. I’ve tried removing/reinstalling with no luck. Still digging.

0 Likes

Reverting to a freshly installed state (see sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html) and then re-installing the package control worked in my case. But I lost all my configurations in the process. I only renamed my data directory, so I should be able to see what packages I had set up from there. Maybe one of them will break things - I’ll report back if I find anything pertinent.

0 Likes

Weird issues with Package Control usually indicate some sort of partial upgrade, or both an unpacked and packed version installed.

Following the directions at packagecontrol.io/docs/troubles … d_Versions should help.

0 Likes

Thanks, this seemed to work for me.

0 Likes

In my case I installed Sublime from scratch and now it works like a charm. However, the windows installation is not working .I tried the same there as well, but Package Control does not even install.
I run the python code in the console, the file is downloaded but I get no Package Control menus anywhere.
I will check the revert and partial upgrade articles some people have suggested.

0 Likes

open sublime text editor and press ctrl+~ and pate the below code, you will require internet connection to download the packages.

import urllib.request,os,hashlib; h = ‘df21e130d211cfc94d9b0905775a7c0f’ + ‘1e3d39e33b79698005270310898eea76’; pf = ‘Package Control.sublime-package’; ipp = sublime.installed_packages_path(); urllib.request.install_opener( urllib.request.build_opener( urllib.request.ProxyHandler()) ); by = urllib.request.urlopen( ‘http://packagecontrol.io/’ + pf.replace(’ ', ‘%20’)).read(); dh = hashlib.sha256(by).hexdigest(); print(‘Error validating download (got %s instead of %s), please try manual install’ % (dh, h)) if dh != h else open(os.path.join( ipp, pf), ‘wb’ ).write(by)

0 Likes

The package control installation page at https://packagecontrol.io/installation specifically states:

WARNING: Please do not redistribute the install code via another website. It will change with every release. Instead, please link to this page.

So I would recommend ignoring what @austin_peter_mentioned, and go to the page linked and copy it from there instead.

Alternatively, the latest versions of Sublime Text 3 contain a menu entry at Tools > Install Package Control... that does the work of installing it so that you don’t have to do it manually. This menu item hides itself if it thinks PackageControl is already installed.

1 Like