Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3070

The scrollwheel works for me on Mac. Maybe it’s a platform dependent thing?

0 Likes

Hmm, yeah, I use OSX at home, but I tested this at work on a Windows box.

If you have the option to hide the scroll-bars enabled on Windows, then it just sucks. You can’t see the tool-tip scroll-bars, and they don’t appear on hover or mouse wheel, and if you have a lot of content in the tool-tip, you have to snipe the invisible scroll-bar puck. If you are lucky and nail it, when you drag, it will scroll.

So, I guess I will clarify, Windows should allow the mouse wheel to cause tool-tips to scroll :smile:.

Edit: I had a hard time posting this because the forum kept saying "Words similar to "ktchn" are banned due to spam" (I can’t post exactly what it is because the filter is evil). The bad phrase was clck it (as in what you do with a mouse). I am all for fighting spam, but seriously, let’s not make it hard to talk on the forum; I should be able say click in a phrase without getting flagged.*

0 Likes

“sk*p the next step” is blocked too. I could also mention that the server clock is set to DST and then still 1:45m off, but this is not the right thread for that.

0 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed while playing with the tooltip API and ternjs is that there’s competition between it and the autocomplete popup which causes a flicker effect. I can see where having both open at the same time could be useful, such as reading a doc snippet provided or a list of params available in the tooltip while still wanting the niceties of the autocomplete for words.

Would having an option to show the tooltip on top/ascender line be doable while still preserving the autocomplete popup at the descender line?

0 Likes

This is amazing. Since you asked for feedback, I just wanted to share a couple of ideas:

• Is there a way to “click” a link in a popup using only the keyboard? My relationship with my mouse has been headed downhill for years.
  • It could give plugin developers a truly insane level of flexibility if there were a “built in”-ish way of registering custom URL schemes (or at least relying upon a singe “sublime://” one that forwarded clicks to a callback in a given plugin). What I was envisioning is, in the simplest implementation, the ability to open tabs/windows and do other core sublime-y stuff upon clicking a tooltip link.

Thanks for the work you’re putting into the updates, Jon!

0 Likes

Got home and played around with the new tooltip API. ScopeHunter can now utilize the tooltips viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11008#p65944. So if you use ScopeHunter, you can configure it to use popups and see the tooltips in action. CSS is completely configurable.

0 Likes

Nice,
Keep them coming, and keep adding new api functions to make better plugins.

0 Likes

I forked IntelliDocs and was playing around, but then it stopped working - I’ll push the changes to use the tooltip once it works again.

0 Likes

Awesome!

0 Likes

Done and merged.

I want to clean this plugin up and make it so that the tooltip will highlight automatically (if settings say so).

Obligatory screenshot:

0 Likes

The tooltip will follow the cursor, which is cool. It’s a bit buggy and needs threading, but it’s a lovely POC and already Sublime feels better to me.

0 Likes

Confirmed working. Confirmed buggy :smile:

0 Likes

Converting the getFunctionNames to work with scopes. It’s still not right, but it’s a step.

0 Likes

Meh, it just uses the current word under the cursor. I need to get on with work, if someone wants to help - awesome :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“brynb”]

• It could give plugin developers a truly insane level of flexibility if there were a “built in”-ish way of registering custom URL schemes (or at least relying upon a singe “sublime://” one that forwarded clicks to a callback in a given plugin).[/quote]

Since the href value of the clicked link is completely forwarded to the on_navigate handler you can pretty much do anything, including parsing of a custom url scheme like “sublime://” even though that doesn’t makes sense to me since you get to specify which links are available in the popup anyway.

@jbrooksuk: looks nice. I imagined starting the tooltip at the start of the function in the view and then highlighting the parameters as you are typing. Underlining works pretty well. Similar to this:

Edit: Here is an example I hacked together in Sublime Text:

Note how the popup seems to be 1px off to the left which I believe to be a bug.

0 Likes

[quote=“FichteFoll”]

Cheers. That’s my end goal with it, I’ve opened a few issues on the repo to add new features. Really it needs rewriting anyway.

0 Likes

Closed the fixed issues on the github tracker and opened a few new ones for the obvious bugs, notably #683, #684 and #682.

I also experimented a bit with this and I don’t see what was fixed. In fact, I noticed along with the “on_selected(1)” bug, that goto symbol is inherently broken with multiple groups where one of the targets is already open in a different panel. For exact instructions to reproduce, see #311 (comment). The recent changes only made it worse in that now it can actually crash.

This is probably mainly caused because of the long-standing bad interaction between quick panels and the open_file(flags=sublime.TRANSIENT) API when the file to be open is in a different group than the quick panel.

Would you mind explaining what exactly that means? I’m just curios.

0 Likes

Great update!

jps, could enable

for “Goto Symbol in Project” and the “Command Palette”? It’s already on (or something like that) for Goto Anything, Go To Symbol, Goto Line etc.

0 Likes

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, but since getting the 3070 build, I can’t set the color scheme.

I was using Set_US/seti, but after the update it reverted back to the default and I can’t set any color scheme using the preferences->color scheme ->… menu.

I also have schemr & themr installed, and themr still works, but schemr does not.

0 Likes

Support for

and  tags would be great!     :smile:
0 Likes