Sublime Forum

Ctrl+Shift+P no longer has text pre-selected

When pressing Ctrl+Shift+P (called command palette?), it has the previous search there, which is good. However, previously it was also pre-selected so if you started typing a new search, it would replace it. Not sure when this stopped happening, but now this is no longer the case, meaning instead of replacing the previous search, I add to it, meaning I have to remember I had something there, backspace it to remove it, then type my new search. SUPER annoying. I loved being able to just hit Ctrl+Shift+P and start typing what I wanted, but now I keep getting “what, no results? oh, right, I have to remove the previous search first, aaaaah…”

Is this a glitch? A setting I need to set now? …please fix it? :confused:

1 Like

Command palette - clear last used command after execute

This is a known regression in the latest development build and will be fixed when the next development build is released. That may take a little time as the devs are working on a MacOS performance problem that will roll out in the next build and it’s taking a bit of time to work around some OS imposed problems.

In the meantime workarounds are:

• Revert to a previous dev build without the regression
  • Close and then re-open the command palette to make it clear it’s input
  • Do a “select all” when you open the command palette to select the text

The last one can be temporarily automated around using this solution from @r-stein:

0 Likes