Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3156

+1 Command Palette behavior is broken in this build. I believe the previous command text was preselected in the last 5 years.

0 Likes

This will be fixed in the next build, see Dev Build 3156

0 Likes

After restarting Sublime Text the command palette input text is lost. On build 3143, it is preserved.

1 Like

The place holder in the new command panel seems not to be rendered at the correct vertical position. Is this something which can be tweaked by the theme or is it to be optimized by the core?

animation

Would be nice, if pasting the placeholder’s text would only cause the color to change, not the text to move down by about 2 or 3 pixels.

3 Likes

@addons_zz could you please release it on PackageControl.io? I tried to run your plugin code, but It did not work. And this issue driving me crazy.

0 Likes

@burakcalik If you just want to have the old behavior install ChainOfCommand (for easy macros) and add this keybinding:

{
    "keys": ["ctrl+shift+p"],
    "command": "chain",
    "args": {
        "commands": [
            ["show_overlay", { "overlay": "command_palette" }],
            ["select_all"],
        ]
    },
},
6 Likes

Ctrl+Shift+P no longer has text pre-selected

@burakcalik, can you try out @r-stein solution? At the time, I did not had though about using ChainOfCommands package at the time I wrote the original solution.

I had added the fix file on another package I already had: https://github.com/evandrocoan/ClearCursorsCaret you can install it manually on the user’s folder. Currently this package is not on package control, its integration request is pending review on: https://github.com/wbond/package_control_channel/pull/6690

1 Like

@r-stein Ah it works great! Thank you very much. I only had to modify the ctrl to super because I’m on MacOs.

@addons_zz Thank you too!

1 Like

<3 just came here to look for a fix, thanks for restoring/fixing this. Frustrated me a few times daily :slight_smile:

0 Likes

When the next build planned ?
This bug is really annoying…

1 Like

Most likely when I finish fixing the issue with macOS ramping up the CPU when a user’s opengl renderer switched and they are using a full-size content window (to have colored title bars).

1 Like

I am using Fira Code on OS X.

With the Elixir syntax highlighting, it works for pretty much everything but does not support ▷ ligature.

See attached image:

0 Likes

the correct place to log it is on the Elixir package’s issue tracker:

1 Like

Is there any time estimation on that, since this build has been out for weeks, and it’s still killing productivity.
Thanks for addressing this anyway, but I’ve been checking for updates multiple times a day.
<3

0 Likes

No, I’m working on the third new implementation to try and meet the performance we need, but also work around the bug in macOS. If it is causing issues for you, I’d recommend rolling back a build, or moving to the stable build.

4 Likes

I assumed it was imminent, but that’s my fault. In that case I’ll rollback a version.
Thank you for your work. And best wishes on that nasty issue you’re working on.

1 Like

Just rolled back to 3143 (stable) but the problem persists. It keeps the previous command around. Whats up with that? I really don’t want to always remove the previous command before typing a new one.

0 Likes

On build 3143 the command is initially selected like this:

Then you only need to type something and the command is erased. If you reverted to build 3143 and the command is not initially selected, it mean that you do not reverted to build 3143. If you enter on the About command, what is the version you see?

0 Likes

You are right! Thanks for clarifying that, I was going crazy not understanding where it was breaking or how it was working before. Really appreciate the details about the issue.

0 Likes

Thanks to the team for all your great work.

To anybody who wants to stay on the dev channel, but wishes to roll back a build, just download the package manually:

curl -O https://download.sublimetext.com/sublime-text_build-3155_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i sublime-text_build-3155_amd64.deb

(adjusting for your OS and architecture) and then avoid upgrading until the next one comes along.

0 Likes