Sublime Forum

Wrapping inline build errors

hi,

I really like the new inline build errors. Sometimes however, wide error messages or errors reported near the end of the line will overflow the window width. those are unreadable without resizing the window. Is there a setting to wrap error messages to avoid that?

thanks.

0 Likes

are you able to provide an example file and build system that demonstrates this behavior please? I tried to replicate but it seems that a horizontal scrollbar is shown when my window is too narrow, and the build errors respect the word wrap setting.

1 Like

you’re right, I did not have word_wrap enabled. enabling word_wrap makes the inline errors wrap correctly.

When not using word wrap, inline errors that overflow the current view are not fully reachable by keyboard only. This is especially annoying on OSX where scroll bar are hidden by default until you start scrolling. If the error is completely offscreen, you actually have no clue what’s going on.

anyway, you can consider this issue solved, enabling word wrap suits me fine.

1 Like

ah good point, I hadn’t considered access by keyboard :slightly_smiling:

you might be able to override the poor OSX scrollbar UX in ST by changing the value of the following setting to enabled:

// Valid values are "system", "enabled" and "disabled"
"overlay_scroll_bars": "system",
0 Likes