Sublime Forum

[WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Hello everyone,
I am getting this error while trying to build my code. My path variables for python is correct. I can start the code on the command line, however I get this error when try to build it from Sublime Text 3. I searched the internet about it but all problems seem like resulting from “path” issue.

[WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified
[shell_cmd: python -u “D:\Dropbox\OTB\BTC\btcturkclient\hiddenOrder.py”]
[dir: D:\Dropbox\OTB\BTC\btcturkclient]
[path: C:\Python27;C:\Python27\Scripts;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Backburner;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;D:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools;]
[Finished]

0 Likes

New user - [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

[RESOLVED]

Apparently the problem was at the “build settings” for python. You can reach to build settings for python by following the instructions in the following link: stackoverflow.com/questions/2378 … d-settings

The fault is in the code which is written in red. You need to replace the “shell_cmd” with “cmd” to overcome the problem.

{
“shell_cmd”: “python -u “$file””,
“file_regex”: “^ ]File "(…?)”, line ([0-9]*)",
“selector”: “source.python”,

"variants":

{
		"name": "Syntax Check",
		"shell_cmd": "python -m py_compile \"${file}\"",
	}
]

}

0 Likes

I already have replaced the “shell_cmd” with “cmd”… but still the error is same in Windows
Any other settings?

0 Likes

If you install python by Anaconda , this link may be helpful:

0 Likes