Sublime Forum

Will Bond (the master of Package Control) joins Sublime HQ!

Congrats @wbond and Sublime HQ. Great hire!

0 Likes

I’m really glad the project is moving forward with new talent.
ST is poised to remain the top text editor.

0 Likes

This is really great news! Any word on what @wbond will be working on?

0 Likes

Congratulations! Suddenly I have a lot more hope for the future of ST :slight_smile: Build something amazing, will!

0 Likes

Thanks, I‘m excited to be working with Jon and Kari!

I‘ve been working on all different aspects, from new features and bug fixes on ST proper to working through PRs on https://github.com/sublimehq/Packages.

15 Likes

Congratulations @wbond . Hope you have a great future ahead and make Sublime even better.

0 Likes

Great news for all. :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

Congratulations, @wbond and Sublime HQ. This will be a big improvement.

Wish you all the best and that ST3 will be ready for release soon as you’re planned.

0 Likes

After almost an year! :’)
Congratulations @wbond !

0 Likes

will package control be part of ST in the future releases :wink: ?

2 Likes

Definitely a great idea ! I don’t understand it is not already the case since sublime lost a huge part of its interest without package control.

By the way it would be a great idea to list all of the package we use in a sublime config file so that they will be automatically downloaded when we go on another machine (I always spend too much time reinstalling all the package when my session is reset at school).

An congrats to wbond !

0 Likes

User/Package Control.sublime-settings, see https://packagecontrol.io/docs/syncing.

We talked about this already, but congratulations again, Will.

1 Like

Thanks ! Never heard about that.
That being said, it would be great if package control would become a pre installed part of sublime.

1 Like

Congrats @wbond!
I hope ST development will be faster after your joining to team

0 Likes

Fabulous news @wbond!

0 Likes

About time! ST would not have become as successful as it is without Package Control. Congrats @wbond!

0 Likes

Congratulations @wbond !
I hope that the development will be more active now and updates will occur more often !

0 Likes

Congratulations @wbond, a well deserved and welcome addition to the team. As many have already stated (I’m just reiterating), your contributions are just as vital the the success of Sublime as the core product itself.

0 Likes

Indeed! I find it odd that I have to copy-paste something into console just to enable such an essential component of SublimeText. And since Package Control is de facto standard, it really should be integrated.

And great that Sublime team gets a new member! Really looks like something good is happening :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

Congrats! Great news. The best of luck!

0 Likes