Sublime Forum

Where are all the Dev builds?

I am working on the stable 3176 and was using the dev builds before. I have not seen a new dev build in a while. Is development still moving ahead on Sublime?

0 Likes

Development is still happening, but the stuff currently being worked on is big and not Friendly towards frequent updates.

0 Likes

Makes sense. Can’t wait to see it. Any roadmap out there or a surprise?

0 Likes

0 Likes

Thanks. Can’t wait

0 Likes

I’m also itching for a new dev build, but for absolutely no reason other than the feeling of getting a present with a surprise inside. I have no idea what I would want in it and I don’t care if the surprise isn’t useful.

I suppose frequent updates (especially for mobile apps) has become an expectation, even if there is no visible difference or new features. It’s why people think a project is dead when there are no updates for a while. I sometimes think an app developer should just push out a null update every month with a release note saying “I’m still alive and still care”.

3 Likes

I know right. I am excited to get the new build as well. I would love to see an integrated terminal and Git, but I know I am probably dreaming there.

1 Like

I can imagine how you feel. I was setting up 3176 and it has a glitch with the JavaScript Enhancements plugin. Flow keeps blowing it up and causing the plugin infra to fail.

I will happily wait now that I have everything under control for now.

0 Likes