Sublime Forum

When will sublime 3 be released?

I,m glad to see progress.

But the Question posted by toplinuxsir on Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:36 am
“When sublime 3 will be released?”

Was en is still legit.

Answers as posted by jbrooksuk on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:10 am
“When it’s ready.”

Are blunt and don’t help to build up good report on the project.
Developers (of any project) need to keep in mind that all their work is in vein when they loose the faith of their community.

As it is now Sublime has made a great start. But it’s time to make some major decisions,
on how to speed up the development process without losing to much control of the project.

For starters I would try to get commitment from a select group great developers,
And setup a good infrastructure that helps and motivates them to cooperate, keep in line and keep on track.

Competition never sits idle… So neither should we!

0 Likes

Jon should just make a Kickstarter project of each major Sublime Version, stating what he intends to develop and how much money he intends to raise to fund that development.
I’m sure that the contributions would pour-in and it would be almost the same as having new paid updates for every major version except that he would already have up-front the money needed to fund the development.

Obviously that would necessarily mean that Jon would have to publish a detailed feature roadmap as he would be basically need to attract “investors”, but I think it beats the current business model for Sublime.

0 Likes

[quote=“koriolis”]Jon should just make a Kickstarter project of each major Sublime Version, stating what he intends to develop and how much money he intends to raise to fund that development.
I’m sure that the contributions would pour-in and it would be almost the same as having new paid updates for every major version except that he would already have up-front the money needed to fund the development.

Obviously that would necessarily mean that Jon would have to publish a detailed feature roadmap as he would be basically need to attract “investors”, but I think it beats the current business model for Sublime.[/quote]

And that would speed up development, how?

0 Likes

Being that the average dev release per month has dropped to less than one for the last ten months, I am not sure how development could get any slower.

0 Likes

How do I get a dev build.( # 3062). I am a registered user as well as a valid license holder.

0 Likes

sublimetext.com/3dev

0 Likes

[quote=“wbond”]

sublimetext.com/3dev[/quote]

There is no link there to download Build #3062.
The only link to dev builds gets me back to this forum.

0 Likes

[quote]There is no link there to download Build #3062.
The only link to dev builds gets me back to this forum.[/quote]

There are links for OSX, Windows (install and portable) (32 bit and 64), linux (32 and 64 bit) (deb and tarballs). Take another look…a nice slow look :wink:.

0 Likes

[quote=“facelessuser”]

[quote]There is no link there to download Build #3062.
The only link to dev builds gets me back to this forum.[/quote]

There are links for OSX, Windows (install and portable) (32 bit and 64), linux (32 and 64 bit) (deb and tarballs). Take another look…a nice slow look :wink:.[/quote]

My bad. I was thinking that it was the public 3059 build.
Thanks/

0 Likes