Sublime Forum

What color scheme and theme do you guys use?

How about you folks take it to another thread?

The rest of us are here to check out other people’s colour schemes and themes.

0 Likes

+1 Off topic, bad tone and verging on trolling by @stikker

On the original question
I use a very basic theme I made for myself years back basically replicating the amber CRT screen I lusted after in the 1980s and could not afford (was stuck with a green screen) with syntax highlighting based, again on my own scheme. One day I will clean it up to make it vaguely presentable for public viewing and put it on github but most people who see it make gagging noise so it may be only me it makes happy in all the world and that’s fine with me.

Have just managed to get rid of the sidebar folders using @bilidam’s helpful snippet so much happier to have things clean again on that score.

0 Likes

I have no idea what happened on page 2 so I’m ignoring it.

Anyway, I use a modified version of Freesia’s Kano theme and the Triplet Lite color scheme, both of which I made (and unlike most themes, Freesia’s not a modified Soda). Basically looks like this:

There’s a link to Freesia in my signature and I’m pretty sure Triplet Lite’s included in it, so that’s done.

0 Likes

Hey Nilium I like the narrow font for seeing more. However I used to try to cram more lines of code vertically and horizontally, minimize space between windows, etc. 10-20 years ago. But now (at 42) I find that I am grateful for slightly larger font sizes. Actually what’s best is being able to quickly zoom larger/smaller, I do like that, depending on which sorts of files I’m in.

0 Likes

I’m using Monokai Extended Bright github.com/jonschlinkert/sublim … i-extended
or Perv Orange github.com/FlavourSys/Perv-ColorScheme

0 Likes

I use my own theme Asphalt, among with Afterglow syntaxt for MarkDown files (planning to implement a proprietary .md syntax in future theme’s update).

0 Likes

I rolled my own markdown syntax that I used for a couple years until switching to MarkdownEditing’s Markdown GFM syntax. (I don’t use the whole package, which I find too opinionated; I only use the syntax.) I’ve been meaning to convert it to YAML, which I find easier to work with, clean it up and adjust to support Pandoc features and other niceties that I had built in my previous syntax (but which was missing other things).

Does any of this sound interesting? I’m looking for collaborators to create a decent Markdown syntax, without any additional cruft.

Sorry for the OT post.

0 Likes