Sublime Forum

[SOLVED] View - Hide Tabs doesn't work

View - Hide Tabs, command palette View - Toggle Tabs not working…

It was working until recently, possibly until one of the recent updates?

Sublime build 3123
OSX El Capitan…

any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Likes

seems to work fine in Windows on ST build 3123

0 Likes

Works fine for me using build 3123 on Sierra

0 Likes

Try to create new workspace: Project → New Workspace for Project.

0 Likes

Works fine on Win10 Pro x64 with ST3123 x64 portable.

0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion but New Workspace didn’t help.

I’ve noticed that one of my projects has the tabs hidden but View - Show Tabs doesn’t work. On all other projects I’ve opened the tabs are visible and can’t be hidden… It’s like that toggle tabs command has been disabled…

Also found this issue: 'View > Show Tabs' no longer works [SOLVED] which could be describing the same problem. Solved by deleting folders? Not sure what the OSX equivalent would be to deleting the folders described there…

0 Likes

Try to remove these folders:

~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Cache
~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Index

and these files:

~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Local/id123423<some magic numbers>
~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Local/Session.sublime_session

Also remove old workspace for your project.

2 Likes

Removing the Cache and Index folders did the trick. Thanks oivva!

0 Likes

Actually, I spoke too soon… Toggle tabs worked once in one of my projects but now no longer works for any…

I also removed ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Local/Session.sublime_session but couldn’t find anything that looked like ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Local/id123423…

How do I go about removing an old workspace from a project? Is doing Project – New Workspace and then closing the old one sufficient?

0 Likes

I think yes, however I always remove the *.sublime-workspace manually. You can find it near *.sublime-project file.

0 Likes

OK, have tried removing a workspace file manually but the problem persists.

Some projects have tabs visible, others don’t but in all cases the Toggle/View/Hide Tabs option is not working so it seems to me to be a more global issue rather than project specific…

Maybe a package is causing this? I might try disabling packages next unless there’s someone has a better suggestion…

0 Likes

Hi

Which theme are you using? I don’t know if can have an effect, but tes with the default one

Matt

0 Likes

Hi Matt,

Have been using Boxy. Tried the default theme but no change…

0 Likes

Hey!

Can you look if there could be something that could affect the tabs in you settings - user file.

0 Likes

Have had a look at my user settings and there’s nothing there that looks like it would cause a problem.

I’ve also just tried completely clearing my user settings file and restarting Sublime. Tabs still not toggling…

0 Likes

Do you use the package SidebarSeparator? Someone else had trouble with their tabs, and removing that package solved the problem.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s it!.

Disabling the module fixed the issue.

I also found this setting:
{
// If true, Sublime Text would hide tabs when you add a separator
// To return tabs, choose View > Show Tabs in menu
“auto_tab_hide”: true,
}
( https://packagecontrol.io/packages/SidebarSeparator )

That if disabled seems to also allow me to toggle the tabs.

So maybe this wasn’t a bug at all but a feature???

Thanks Jackeroo!

0 Likes