Sublime Forum

Version number no longer in files or registry

Hi Sublime Team,

I use Microsoft SCCM to distribute updates on my site system. Sublime is a product that I regularly distribute updates to clients using automation.

At some point in the last few months, Sublime stopped including a file version in the files or registry in its updates, which I need so that I can use detection methods in the automation. Any way this can be restored in future releases?

Thanks,
Jacques

0 Likes

Guess not as the screenshot shows the setup.exe but not sublime_text.exe

0 Likes

Ah. My suggestion is useless then.

0 Likes

My apologies. I did send the wrong screenshot. sublime_text.exe is actually what I am looking at for the detection methods, but it also does not have the correct file version.

Both Windows update agent and SCCM do not support the Product version attribute in their detection methods, only the File version.

0 Likes

Oh, can SCCM uses $ ./subl --version to detect the version?

0 Likes

I don’t believe we’ve ever updated the “File version”, but I may be incorrect. At some point I’ll have to see what exactly in the build process deals with that.

If you haven’t already, please open an issue at https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues so that it doesn’t get lost in the forum.

0 Likes

Align version number

Thanks! Will do.

Updates for Sublime have worked fine up until recently so this is a curious issue if the File version attribute has never been updated on your end.

0 Likes

Same issue reported by me here :slight_smile: I hope they do something, it’s a really trivial fix.

0 Likes