Sublime Forum

Unable to Launch Update Installer

Hi guys

So when I open Sublime, I get a message telling me that an update is available. When I click to install the update it downloads and then I get a message saying “Unable to Launch Update Installer”.

It’s worth noting that this still happens even if I run as administrator

Does anyone know what’s going on here, or where I can go to get more info on how to fix this?

Screen recording of this happening below:

0 Likes

I experience the same problem when trying to upgrade Sublime Text 3, Build 3083. on a Windows 7 laptop.

0 Likes

Experienced the same problem with 3103 on a Windows 7 x64 PC on a corporate network.

The corporate network does not allow anything to be run from the temp directory, and that creates problems with some install programs.

I also tried moving Sublime Text Update Installer.exe to another directory, but the install still wouldn’t work.

I downloaded the full install Sublime Text Build 3103 x64 Setup.exe and installed it as admin, and that installed ok.

0 Likes

Just got the same problem.

As before the solution is to download the full install Sublime Text Build 3114 x64 Setup.exe and install as admin.

0 Likes

I’ve had similar problems on most updates.
I’ve been able to correct the problem by closing any folders/programs etc, that are using any of the sublime files. Likewise, I’ve also had to close other programs like git extensions which I use to track my plugins, in sublimes Data folder.

0 Likes

Navigate to the executable ( default is ‘C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3’) and run ‘update_installer.exe’ as administrator. Worked for me.

0 Likes

Worked for me thanks :slight_smile:

0 Likes