Sublime Forum

Ubuntu 15.10 does not recognize sublime text 3 as valid app

The file manager in ubuntu 15.10 does not offer sublime text as an application to open text files. For example, when i select ‘properties’ from the right click menu, go to the ‘open with’ tab, sublime text is not list. SublimeText was properly installed and can be launched from terminal with ‘subl’. It is also recognized as ‘installed’ in the software center. How can I convince ubuntu to play nice with Sublime Text?

0 Likes

This is still an issue for me.Ubuntu 15.10 updated.

0 Likes

http://askubuntu.com/questions/396938/how-do-i-make-sublime-text-3-the-default-text-editor

0 Likes

thank you. I followed the example but for some reason the title of my application is screwed up. When I right click on a text file, I get the choice to
‘Open With untitled - Sublime Text (UNREGISTERED)’
The document opens and the top left menu choice is ‘untitled’, followed by File, Edit,…

Now I have purchased and registered sublime text and this is confirmed when I pull up the about dialog.

0 Likes

I have the same problem, I think it is probably due to the method described in AskUbuntu. You should ask the author. Personally I got used to it :smiley:

0 Likes

did you mean the link above that pointed to Ubuntu on StackExchange?

0 Likes