Sublime Forum

Typewriter: a plugin for writers

After 2-3 days of development and months of being too lazy to update this plugin on Package Control, there’s now a new version!

Version 0.3.0 brings two (un)features:

1. The mouse is disabled when you’re using any of the typewriter modes. (You can use the scroll wheel to look around, but clicking or selecting is blocked.)

2. Typing Mode positions the cursor at the end of the file and is much more robust at preventing you from moving the cursor.

Unfortunately, because of differences between the API of Sublime ST 2 and 3. The new (un)features are only available for ST 3. The old version is still available but will no longer be maintained.

Check it: sublime.wbond.net/packages/Typewriter

0 Likes

I’ve had a report that this plugin doesn’t work in OSX. My guess is that this is unlikely, but I don’t have an OSX system handy to try it out. If any OSX users try out Typewriter, let me know if you run into trouble here or on github: github.com/alehandrof/Typewriter/issues/6

Cheers,
Alex

0 Likes

Version 0.4.0 is out: Thanks to Rahul Ramadas Typewriter’s scrolling mode now supports mouse clicking and selection.

0 Likes

Loving this module! However, whenever I start up Sublime Text, this module is disabled, and I have to toggle it on. Is there a setting to make it default to being on? Thank you!

0 Likes

It a beautiful plugin and it works in Sublime Text 4, too. The only thing that doesn’t quite work in Typing Mode is clicking on a tab editing area to switch to it – you have to click on the tab title only, otherwise it will do nothing.

0 Likes

Hi folks! I don’t use Sublime Text as much as I used to, and I don’t use this plugin at all anymore. (I do my prose writing in another editor now.) If anyone wants to improve the plugin, feel free to fork.

1 Like