Sublime Forum

Tune-up LangOver in Sublime Text

I use program LangOver, layout switch by pressing hotkeys. On Alternativeto.net I tried Punto Switcher, Keyboard Ninja, dotSwitcher, Mahou, but I did not find other programs that can change the layout a few, not one words. I just press F10 and layout changes.

Lang Over works in all my programs, but not in Sublime Text 3. Text in the wrong layout is not deleted.

Console result, when I pressed F10:

key evt: control+c
command: copy
key evt: control+v
command: paste_and_indent

What should I do to the words removed, not only replaced?

Thanks.

0 Likes

That’s quite a bit of trouble just to save re-typing a couple of words in the right language.

Anyway, if I were you, I would try selecting the words before pressing F10. There are a few shortcuts you could use.

Ctrl + L
Shift + Home
Ctrl + Shift + Right Arrow
Ctrl + A
0 Likes

That’s quite a bit of trouble just to save re-typing a couple of words in the right language.

For me not quite. I save my time, without pressing unnecessary keys, so I chose LangOver among all other competitors’ programs.

LangOver functioning correctly in all programs in which I work, the problem is only in Sublime Text 3.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Notice how in your gifs, chrome seems to respond to a Select message before pasting the text in the new layout. It seems Sublime is not handling that Select message correctly, or even at all. As a user, what you could do is to select the text you want to replace before pressing F10. Did you try that?

Also, …

I save my time, without pressing unnecessary keys

You seem to type quickly enough, I don’t understand how saving two seconds of typing every now and then warrants installing such a program.

Edit: nevermind that, you were pretty slow in your gifs haha.

0 Likes

This is a bad way of thinking. Programmers need to make people’s lives better. If it is possible to reduce the time to perform some action, then this possibility a developer must implement. If I have one saving both on the action for 2 minutes a week, thousands of people in the world save a lot of hours.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Solved. I write Mahou developer, now layout conversion line of this program in Sublime Text 3 is working normally.

0 Likes