Sublime Forum

(Resolved) Trying to find a package I used to use

Hi there! I’m a big big fan of this awesome program having used it for some time, but sadly I don’t have the opportunity to code as often as before.
I’m trying to find a setting or package that used to write in a closing tag (in HTML mode) whenever I pressed Shift+Ctrl+colon/dot key. It might have been a shortcut that came with the Emmet package, but not sure. All I know is that at least for HTML, no matter what tag I had started, simply doing the keyboard shortcut mentioned automatically inserted the closing tag for the “nearest” open tag.
Does this ring a bell for anyone? The reason I ask is because I now find myself at another computer than the one I had been coding on previously.

Thanks for your time and help!
Best regards!

0 Likes

not sure about the package you are asking about, but just want to note you can also close the nearest open tag by typing </

0 Likes

that I know, but thats not very convenient on my current keyboard as the key (physically speaking) is nowhere close to Ctrl like on a English speaking Qwerty keyboard, it isn’t between “z” and “shift” since in my case there’s no key in between those two mentioned.
Thats why the shortcut I was using, “shift+ctrl+dot key”, was extremely useful, real time saver.
In terms of packages I know I really didn’t install many, just Soda theme and Emmet basically, so it might have been a setting I changed… not sure at all, I just know it worked :slight_smile:

0 Likes

You probbaly used this package:

It’s not on package control anymore, so you’ll have to install it manually.

0 Likes

hey! thanks for the input but unfortunately it isn’t that package since I know I hadn’t heard of it before :frowning:

0 Likes

Hey again! I think I finally solved it. I wasnt doing the shortcut right, or must have mis-remembered. Turns out “alt + dot (.)” does what I wanted, as in an automatic tag closer.

0 Likes