Sublime Forum

These dots are way too big

I have draw_white_space set to all in my user preferences. this draw the dots for the whits paces. I think the dots are way to big. The are 2x2 pixels. I find this distracting. How can I make them a single pixel? I want 1x1 dots.

"draw_white_space": "all",
0 Likes

You can’t.

0 Likes

Edit the font and make the dot tiny. :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

Is there maybe a way to add a new character to the font file and use that character for showing the white space rather than using the standard dot to show the white space?

0 Likes

Why dont u use tab to spaces, hide white spaces and show tabs. looks neat. imho

0 Likes

I have tabs to spaces on already, thats not the problem,. I want to see the spaces, this makes it easy to get rid of trailing whitespaces.

0 Likes

Okay I have made a great discovery. The dots used to show the white spaces is not the same dot used for punctuation. It also seems that the white space dot is always the same size, (2x2) regardless of fonts size. The image show how the punctuation dots scales whereas the white space dot does not. I am think that the white space dot may be something special.

Now I just need to find out what parameter is creating this 2x2 box. nothing in the preferences. I think this might be hard coded

0 Likes

If all you want them shown for is to spot trailing whitespace then why not instead set:

"trim_trailing_white_space_on_save": true,
0 Likes

I am also having this issue. On my retina macbook pro the whitespace dots are very tiny and hard to see and I am wondering if they are properly scaling for HiDPI displays. It would be nice if the whitespace dots (“invisibles chars”) size could be changed via a configuration settings.

0 Likes

I think the dot of sublime3 is way too big either and it’s distracting. Can your develop guys fix this by adding a dot size setting?

1 Like