Sublime Forum

The only features of Atom text editor Sublime needs

This seems a good idea, but I’m testing it in Ubuntu and I has some problems:

(I’m using caption, id, command for each menu item)

1. There are only few emojis available
  2. When you click on it, the command isn’t executed
  3. "caption": "-" shows - instead of an empty space

At least is what I’ve experienced until now.

0 Likes

hi @gepd
I have exactly the same problem. The ‘fake’ Toolbar using Main.sublime-menu works perfectly on Windows, but on Ubuntu, the Buttons don’t work. If you look closely when clicking on such a ‘toolbar button’, then you see some small artifact which looks like an empty menu. I think the Problem is that the Ubuntu GUI tries to open the menu and then finds out it is empty and does nothing.
I wonder whether there is a solution for that Problem?

0 Likes

@tito:

I like what you did, but some tooltips would be nice. I can’t remember what all the symbols do.

0 Likes

ST does not have tooltips for menuitems, you may want to edit the menu file and add a description to the right of the icon :slight_smile:

0 Likes

@nesbit I think for now there is not solution. I guess the better solution would be to have a official GUI tools to implement something like this.

0 Likes

I like the ability of Atom to double-click a transient tab to turn it into a permanent tab. I often work on projects with many, many files, and I’ll eventually need to search around in some files in a project directory. But I’ll realize that I don’t want to lose my current transient tab, so I’ll have to make it permanent. So I have to right click -> Reveal in Side Bar so I can double-click the file name, then try to find where I was in the project view so I can resume my work.

0 Likes

You can also edit the file - I usually hit space and then undo or something along those lines.

0 Likes

One thing i would LOVE to have in ST3 is a feature that shows in the sidebar an icon next to the OPEN FILES showing the filetype. I usually work with R, latex and bash at the same time (seismic signal processing) and at almost any time i have more than 10 files opened with very similar names, so it would be really useful to have icons besides them to indicate the type of file for a quick switching :slightly_smiling:

Edit: I mean, not icons for the filetypes in a certain folder, my point is icons for the open files, even if they’re not in the same directory.

0 Likes