Sublime Forum

Thank you Sublime!

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to the Sublime team for this free fantastic tool!

I use it with every web page and project I work on, never had any issues with crashing or saving.
The open in browser feature is incredibly handy, suggestions and highlighting also makes things so much easier for me when coding.

Cheers, OM

4 Likes

If you value the tool, you should buy a license and support the team so they can continue to work on it.

1 Like

Sublime is not free m8.

0 Likes

You bet if I had the money, I would!

0 Likes

http://www.sublimetext.com/3

0 Likes

In that page I read:

Sublime Text may be downloaded and evaluated for free, however a license must be purchased for continued use. There is currently no enforced time limit for the evaluation.

To be fair, I’m not a native English speaker, but I believe you described a “continued use”.
Especially if you work with it, how many projects you have to do to repay its cost? Maybe one is enough.

I think the developers would like this kind of “thank you” a lot :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, you’re right :)But i’m afraid a text thank you is all I can give at the moment. I’ll buy Sublime when I can afford it. Just moved into a new apartment and currently living on student budgets! Before you ask, yes I have stocked up on rice and 10p noodles :smile:

0 Likes

That is right, Sublime is the best text editor I ever had seem in my entire life.

For now there is not need for more features, the third part packages do a awesome work already.
I would like it just to first focus fix the issues/bugs it has and secondly on the management support for third part plugins as discussed on:

1. https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/

Currently I am using build 3114 because build 3126 is crashing.
However on build 3114 I am dealing with memory leak proportionally to the amount of packages enabled. By the book I would like to have about 150 packages enables every day, but if I do that in matter of a hour or so Sublime Text is using about 5GB of RAM memory, and if I keep using, it goes as high as 15GB. However if I disable all the packages it still growing and leaking as high as 1GB but only after something like 24 hours of use. Therefore as I enable more packages it memory use grows proportionally. This is more detailed on this threads:

1. Debug symbols for Sublime Text build 3126 to figure out from where crash is coming
  2. ST3 crashes frequently since Build 3124
1 Like