Sublime Forum

Terminal in Sublime (not as new tab)

Hi all,

Im searching everywhere to find out a terminal to be open (like Atom use) in the same Sublime Window as Split panel Horizontal. Under the code, horizontal small window, integrated. For now im seeing just a Terminal open in a new tab, but is there a way to be open in the coding tab but under ?

Thanks in advanced !

0 Likes

Does splitting the window into two rows layout do the job?

By the way, Terminus could launch a terminal in the output panel.

Split layout

Panel terminal

3 Likes

Build System Output

Yes this what im searching ! the first picture is the one im looking. Can you give me some points on how to achieve this ? OMG You just give me a lot to love sublime now :smiley:

0 Likes

View -> Layout -> Rows: 2 or use Origami to move the newly created view to the bottom.

0 Likes

Yup i finally did it :D, but there are lot of key shortcuts. First i have to divide the terminal (the view part) than i have to open the terminal. Is there a way to be done with one shortcut ?

0 Likes

Check this out https://packagecontrol.io/packages/Chain%20of%20Command

You could chain several commands together.

1 Like

Well i try to install it, and it shows that is installed, but when i try to open the chain window i can’t find it in the list. I’m using Mac but i think its not platform specific.

0 Likes

Chain window?
Basically you could chain the terminus and origami commands together.

0 Likes

When i install “Chain of Command” plug in, i have no options on/or how to configure the chain. When i go to Preferences > Package Settings, there is no Chain plug in. So the question is how to configure Chain or how to chain terminus and origami. :slight_smile:

Any way thanks for the replies !

0 Likes

Put something like this in your keybind settings.

{
        "keys": ["ctrl+alt+t"],
        "command": "chain",
        "args": {
            "commands": [
                ["terminus_open", {"config_name": "Default"}],
                ["carry_file_to_pane", {"direction": "down"}]
            ]
        },
        "context": [
            { "key": "terminus_view", "operator": "not_equal", "operand": true }
        ]
    }

Maybe I should add pre_hook and post_hook arguments for terminus_open.

1 Like

With the current master, you could use the key post_window_hooks to specify WindowCommand to execute.

{
        "keys": ["ctrl+alt+t"],
        "command": "terminus_open",
        "args": {
            "config_name": "Default",
            "post_window_hooks": [
                ["carry_file_to_pane", {"direction": "down"}]
            ]
        }
    }
2 Likes

Lovely ! This helps a lot !

Thank YOU !

And is there a way to specify to open the terminal for the current directory, couse now it takes the first one in the project list ?

I note one problem but maybe i should open a new ticket for it. I can go with command and right arrow to the end of the row (like ctrl + End) but i can’t go back or at the end command + left arrow or window user (ctrl + home).

Any how thank you for this steps ! You save me a lot of time now :wink:

0 Likes

It depends what you mean for the current directory. Try the "cwd": "${file_path:${folder}}" argument. It uses the file location with a fallback of the first directory.

Just Home and End should work for cmd.exe.

1 Like

Yup this works perfect !

0 Likes

This a little out of context, but what theme and color scheme are you using?

0 Likes

https://packagecontrol.io/packages/Wombat%20Color%20Scheme

0 Likes