Sublime Forum

Tab trigger select first one from auto complete popup instead of triggering Emmet completion

When I write html code I press tab for emmet copletion.It works fine if it does not apear any atuo complete popup. But if any auto coplete shows It selects first one from the popup. I don’t want this. I always want that Enter will be used for auto complete selection and Tab trigger will work for Emet.

0 Likes

How to autocomplete inside a word?

Two settings that you might want to play around with:

// When enabled, pressing tab will insert the best matching completion.
    // When disabled, tab will only trigger snippets or insert a tab.
    // Shift+tab can be used to insert an explicit tab when tab_completion is
    // enabled.
    "tab_completion": true,

// By default, auto complete will commit the current completion on enter.
    // This setting can be used to make it complete on tab instead.
    // Completing on tab is generally a superior option, as it removes
    // ambiguity between committing the completion and inserting a newline.
    "auto_complete_commit_on_tab": false,

These are the default values for these settings; I would first check to see if you have auto_complete_commit_on_tab turned on and try turning that one off first, though.

0 Likes

I did it before but I am failed. I also use css extended completion. I think for this plugin it is happening.

0 Likes

I’ve got the same problem, but with my extensive list of plugins, I have no idea how to find the culprit.

How can I find out where a snippet is coming from?

This is really frustrating as when I type something like script, instead of getting:
<script></script>
I get the older:
<script type="text/javascript"></script>

And for link instead of:
<link rel="$(1:stylesheet)" href="${2}">
I get:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="${1}">

EDIT:
After further investigation I found that this is coming from the default HTML package.
I have commented out the entire HtmlTagCompletions class as a temporary solution until I am able to find a better one.

0 Likes