Sublime Forum

Syntax colour for ST API

[quote=“quodlibet”]

If you still haven’t worked this out, you need to escape the “less than” sign. E.g., (?<=\W) should read (?<=\W)

Alex[/quote]

Thanks Alex. I caught that :wink:

0 Likes

(Just an update). I believe I’ve finally got this sussed with the code below, placed before ‘meta.function-call.python’ :smiley:

What I wanted to do was scope specific method-names, but only if they are preceded by a dot. ‘meta.function-call’ kept interfering, grabbing any remaining text on the line and, therefore, applying one colour. My previous attempt was working, but the brackets and arguments (following my named-methods) remained as ‘source.python’.

My code captures general methods, but only if preceded by a dot. It colours the method-name, ignoring any preceding text. It also works with nested function/method calls. [Part of the solution is to name the method’s arguments ‘meta.method.call.arguments.python’, but do nothing with them - but perhaps I can colour these as well.]

I copied this code and substituted all the ST-API method calls, and also gave a different name to the brackets ( ) - so now I can colour-code all bracket pairs, whe’hay :smiley:

I believe I should be able to modify ‘meta.function-call’ with code similar to this, so that it won’t misbehave at all.

<dict> <key>begin</key> <string>(?:[a-zA-Z_][a-zA-Z0-9_]*\.)*(?&lt;=\.)([a-zA-z_][a-zA-Z0-9_]*)\s*(\()</string> <key>beginCaptures</key> <dict> <key>1</key> <dict> <key>name</key> <string>meta.method.call.python</string> </dict> <key>2</key> <dict> <key>name</key> <string>punctuation.definition.arguments.begin.python</string> </dict> </dict> <key>end</key> <string>(\))</string> <key>endCaptures</key> <dict> <key>1</key> <dict> <key>name</key> <string>punctuation.definition.arguments.end.python</string> </dict> </dict> <key>contentName</key> <string>meta.method.call.arguments.python</string> <key>patterns</key> <array> <dict> <key>include</key> <string>#keyword_arguments</string> </dict> <dict> <key>include</key> <string>$self</string> </dict> </array> </dict>

0 Likes